Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2015

New Poem - Tenacity

Hey.

Here's a poem I wrote recently.  Patreon folk got to see it first.  (guys, it's sooooo cheap and easy to join, become a patron, and get all kinds of perks and curated stuff.  At this point, I just pity you for not being part of the cool kids club)


TENACITY

if 
there's blood, 
let me be 
manzanita, 
sanded slick and smooth by covert growth. 
Let it slake away. 
Keep my diet mean and temperate. 
Find me shining in an unswept grove 
like a crimson-orange bone, 
clutching the memory 
of three month's 
water sip. Breathe, 
I breathe in full, quiet 
comfort. And, should your feet betray you, 
lop me from the branch.  I'll support your wary, 
shuffling 
                gait 
til neither air nor water can further move us 

No comments:

Post a Comment